We’re slowly adjusting to our new way of life now that the baby’s here. I know at one point I used to sleep for 8 hours or more at a time. Now it’s more like 3-4 hours at a time, but that’s OK. It’s all worth it to know that I’m raising my son.
Updates are a little sparse around here right now. We still have tons of pictures to post, but somehow that doesn’t seem very important anymore. Playing with Matthew is a lot more fun that looking at pictures of him on the screen.
Matthew wasn’t my only Christmas present this year. Paige also got me an awsome acoustic / electric guitar. It’s an Ibanez AEG10. Here’s the official picture of it. I’ll eventually post a picture of me playing it.
This, finally, brings up the reason for this post. Now that I have an acoustic guitar, I’m wanting to learn some of the classic acoustic guitar songs. I’m working on a list of my own, but I want to be sure and not miss anything. Here’s what I have in mind so far:
- Eagles – Hotel California
- Kansas – Dust in the Wind
- Animals – House of the Rising Sun
I consider those pretty much the holy trinity of classic acoustic guitar songs. After those, I have lots of other ideas.
- Lots of Dave Matthews Band songs
- Some Beatles songs
- Some Eric Clapton (I love Bell Bottom Blues)
- The songs from Nirvana unplugged
- Some Pearl Jam songs (Elderly Woman…, Yellow Ledbetter, etc.)
- A few Pink Floyd songs (Paige hates most of Pink Floyd)
Now it’s your turn. I need some different stuff to play. Are there any good newer acoustic guitar songs? Let me know what I’m missing…